Please be aware that our Branch AGM will take place on Wednesday 3rd March at 7pm via a Zoom video link. As I’m sure you understand, the current circumstances we find ourselves in does not allow us to hold our usual get together. Therefore we are forced into holding this year’s AGM via Zoom!
The following documents can be requested by members by contacting the Branch Chairman, Bryan Baker, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The Agenda (complete with the Zoom link).
- Minutes of last year’s AGM.
- Nomination form for potential Committee members.
To paraphrase a well known saying (acknowledgements to JFK) “Ask not what your Branch can do for you, but what YOU can do for Your Branch!”
Many Thanks for all your support.
The Barbara McLellan trip boat is based at the wharf in Bradford on Avon, just above the lock. The boat can normally take 40 passengers seated at tables and has an open bow area where passengers can sit out and enjoy the weather and the views. However, during the Covid situation we have reduced the capacity and closed off the bow area to passengers. There is a licensed bar on board (selling wine, prosecco, craft beer, cider, Pimms, Gin & Tonic and a selection of soft drinks) and we serve tea and coffee (including decaffeinated), plus latte and cappuccino and a small range of bar snacks. On public trips we offer delicious homemade cakes and slices – a favourite for many passengers! We are currently operating a table service only.
Normally, we can take a limited number of wheelchairs on board and any passengers with mobility difficulties can use the powered lift to board and leave the boat. At pesent, however, the lift is not in operation and hence all passengers must be able to enter and leave the boat using steps, unaided by crew.
There is a toilet on board. We regret that it is not disabled-friendly, but there are disabled toilet facilities beside the boat on the wharf.
We aim to depart on time, so please arrive 20 minutes before the time shown ready for boarding. Canal traffic and particularly lock traffic is unpredictable so durations and return times are approximate. Dogs are not permitted on board, except Registered Assistance Dogs.
We have an exciting range of Regular and Themed canal trips planed for 2021 – all subject to Government rules and all fully compliant with Covid Secure guidelines.
Book places by:
- Using our online ticket site at tickets.katrust.org.uk (also accessible via our regular trips page our themed trips page and our specials board page)
- Phoning the office on 01380 721279, Monday-Friday, 9-4:30. Tickets for our regular trips are pre-bookable up to the day before the trip. For themed trips the booking deadline may be up to a week before the trip. (Be aware that the office is not regularly staffed at present. Please leave a message or email us with your phone number and we’ll call you back.)
- Calling into the Canal Trust Cafe adjacent to the boat on the day of the trip only – for regular trips only.
For Charter enquiries please call our office on 01380 721279 or email email@example.com
How to find the Barbara McLellan
The Barbara McLellan is moored by Bradford Lock and the Canal Trust Cafe, BA15 1LE, just off the Frome Road (B3109).
Car parking is available just 2 minutes walk away at the Canal and River Trust car park at the end of Baileys Barn (BA15 1BW) or at the railway station car park.
The Barbara McLellan is operated by volunteers for the Kennet and Avon Canal Trust. The Kennet and Avon Canal Trust operates four other Trip Boats together with the Bruce Branch boats and Crofton Beam Engines.